Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss best price on drayton lifestyle pack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What are people paying for drayton lifestyle y plan packs?

used to always buy these when changing a y plan to keep the other bits as stock. but they keep going up in price locally.

thanks

Yea that's what I used to pay but they are up to £90 plus vat. Not happy lol

I stopped getting them a few years ago as I ended up with dozens of cylinder stats in stock. Just fit honeywell valves now, keep a 2 and 3 port on the van.

Its a deliberate policy from Drayton.

Back before 2008, newbuild accounted for the vast majority of their sales, so they made sure that they secured that market by keeping the price of the complete packs low.

With the collapse of newbuild from 2009 onward, the majority of their profits then came from replacement. By definition, the replacement market is not kits, its one item at a time. And its pretty much always valves or programmers, and almost never cyl stats or wiring centres, and only rarely roomstats.

It took them a few years to realise what you guys (and us!) were doing, but in the last couple of years, they have steadily re-aligned their pricing to discourage the practice that the OP describes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best price on drayton lifestyle pack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
I'm doing a DIY shower enclosure and going to board over the current plasterboard with waterproof backerboard. The best prices seem to be for...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock