Discuss Best system with solid fuel with u/f heating and wet solar? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twister

Hi,

A friend is building a new property on a farm and has asked me to design/install the heating system. He is keen to incorporate a wood burning stove or aga as there is a plentiful fuel source. He also wants under floor heating on the ground floor (screed) and rads upstairs. He's also created roof space for solar panels which leads me to my question; what do you think is the best way to integrate all this using a gas boiler (or ashp) to provide backup heat? I'm currently looking at a gledhill thermal store as it would allow the multiple inputs but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this kind of setup and the results and overall effiency?

Thanks,

Iain

Thermal store twister, welcome to the forum.
Look up Newark copper cylinders of Macdonald engineers in scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best system with solid fuel with u/f heating and wet solar? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a property with a Gledhill SysteMate 2000 and not much clue as to how it operates! I am also considering installing solar...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock