Discuss Best TMV for hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Planktom

Hi,

Please I need some advice.
I've got a mega flow presurised cylinder, heated indirectly with by a gas boiler. I also have Solar PV with an iBoost. In summer I get v. hot water ~75 c.
I wanted to put a TMV on the output of my ho****er tank, but want to know if anyone has experience on the best one to fit which will give me the lowest temperature differental in the winter - when my tank is not so hot.

I've read lots on these and believe that all the TMVs add some cold, even when the ho****er cylinder temperature is lower than the TMV set output temperature.

Many thanks.
Tom

Solars not my thing but would be carefull with safetys and expansion capacity.
Simplest technically would be to fit mixing valves at the outlets?

as above I believe regs actually encourage you to put the Tmv as close to the outlet as you can otherwise the temp drop will be too excessive. Ps sorry please register with us for answers

Last edited:
Usely location for TMV is close to outlet, reason is it stops Legionella forming in pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best TMV for hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All of my London house plumbing is being redone, with a heatpump heating a DHW tank, and a hot water recirculation system. With the hot water...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
Back