Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best TMV for hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Planktom

Hi,

Please I need some advice.
I've got a mega flow presurised cylinder, heated indirectly with by a gas boiler. I also have Solar PV with an iBoost. In summer I get v. hot water ~75 c.
I wanted to put a TMV on the output of my ho****er tank, but want to know if anyone has experience on the best one to fit which will give me the lowest temperature differental in the winter - when my tank is not so hot.

I've read lots on these and believe that all the TMVs add some cold, even when the ho****er cylinder temperature is lower than the TMV set output temperature.

Many thanks.
Tom

Solars not my thing but would be carefull with safetys and expansion capacity.
Simplest technically would be to fit mixing valves at the outlets?

as above I believe regs actually encourage you to put the Tmv as close to the outlet as you can otherwise the temp drop will be too excessive. Ps sorry please register with us for answers

Last edited:
Usely location for TMV is close to outlet, reason is it stops Legionella forming in pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best TMV for hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock