Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss bigger boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richie_77

recommendations on heat only boilers over 37kw???????? no system boiler

cheers

Fitting a W-B 42cdi floor standing, heat only at the mo.
Nice boiler.

why ???????????? which castle are you heating

Its a very large house i thought about banking a couple of 24ri s but thatll be well over and the customer whats the boiler to go back in the same place.
Ive just replaced all the rads as they were original from the early 70s the boiler thats currently in there a suprima 100 is kicking out 29.97kw but only giving a flow temp of 60 degs on full chat after an hour or so.

by replacing old rads with new you have probably upped their output considerably now that modern rads are finned and very efficient, you need to work out the total output of all the rads you have installed then see what size boiler(s) you need or you may just end up with the same problem again. bank up a couple of intergas 24s maybe on a llh to ensure they work properly.

The customer was warned that this would be an issue at quoting stage as I did the heat calcs and sized the rads so I need 37kw Inc the cylinder as per my orignal post if I have to put 2 boilers in I'll have to roll with the ri don't like the sound intergas never herd of them.

WB do the 40 cdi it's got a bit of a price tag though will have to go with that.

Remeha Quinta, Worcester GB162, Veismann 200 series, Vailant ECOtec 46 or 65. Loads to choose from.

The customer was warned that this would be an issue at quoting stage as I did the heat calcs and sized the rads so I need 37kw Inc the cylinder as per my orignal post if I have to put 2 boilers in I'll have to roll with the ri don't like the sound intergas never herd of them.

havent lived yet if you haven'y heard of Intergas

Thanks guys........please now close this thread as it appears to be atractting the hard of reading Apart from you Roger it was a recomendation that I was after many thanks

So sorry if you didnt like my reccommendation, it was genuine and sensible advice based on what |I use and you did ask, but you got the answer you were looking to hear so alls well.

Thanks guys........please now close this thread as it appears to be atractting the hard of reading Apart from you Roger it was a recomendation that I was after many thanks

Lol if you don't want recommendations then why ask

Lol. Lame plumber you peed him right off mentioning intergas never speak of them again :)
good suggestion as the worcesters are
£££mega bucks£££

sadly inter are raising their prices in June after 4 years of constant pricing :(

That's because I heard they have now fitted over 50 boilers in the uk.

:devil2:

I'd be on the course if I could get a response and didn't have to travel miles to attend it. Plus I'm not sure what the customer would say when I'm hanging the boiler equivalent of a Commodore 64 on the wall, looks shocking.

still interesting concept though and would like to see one in action.

You sure it wasn't a letter threatening legal action for harassment? :yes:

Lol. Lame plumber you peed him right off mentioning intergas never speak of them again :)
good suggestion as the worcesters are
£££mega bucks£££

Nobody peed me of it was the "you need the culcalate your loses" comments N F S the clue was in the 37kw bit congrats to the people who spotted this and then recommended decent boilers was just looking for feed back that's all

I went for 2 smaller boilers to give redundancy, flexability and reliability rather vthan running 1 big boiler inefficiently for 1/2 the year when heating is off.

you post a thread,get answers,then behave like a numpty?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bigger boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a heat only boiler to replace my 30yrs old ideal boiler. Any makes you would recommend and any to avoid...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock