Currently reading:
Bleeding a radiator problem

Discuss Bleeding a radiator problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scot22

On one of the radiators I am not able to move the valve to release the air - it appears seized. Any tips on ways to free it ? Can I do any damage ? ( if its possible I seem to do it ! ) Thanks for any help.

Big tip ..... if it's stuck, do not attempt it with a worn or plastic vent key, start off with a good quality brass key. Put some weight behind it and have a go . Do not do it if the heating is on .

I just ordered 20 of them;)
BTW, if it's not a recurring problem and just a 'one off', then: with the heating off, place a towel or container below the rad valve, then using a spanner, undo the valve carefully till air, then water comes out. Tighten up the valve and voila, job done

I just ordered 20 of them;)
BTW, if it's not a recurring problem and just a 'one off', then: with the heating off, place a towel or container below the rad valve, then using a spanner, undo the valve carefully till air, then water comes out. Tighten up the valve and voila, job done
Is that really how you bleed a radiator ? Well I'll go to bottom of our stairs. Am gobsmacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleeding a radiator problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock