Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleeding a radiator problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scot22

On one of the radiators I am not able to move the valve to release the air - it appears seized. Any tips on ways to free it ? Can I do any damage ? ( if its possible I seem to do it ! ) Thanks for any help.

Big tip ..... if it's stuck, do not attempt it with a worn or plastic vent key, start off with a good quality brass key. Put some weight behind it and have a go . Do not do it if the heating is on .

Turn that radiator off on both sides if you are worried. Taking note of how many turns they were open for when you turn them back on.

If it won't budge you could try this, I've never tried one before but remember it coming up a while ago!!

Home

I just ordered 20 of them;)
BTW, if it's not a recurring problem and just a 'one off', then: with the heating off, place a towel or container below the rad valve, then using a spanner, undo the valve carefully till air, then water comes out. Tighten up the valve and voila, job done

I've never seen those before, great job, gonna order a couple as well

Just so you know, when I said I had ordered 20, it was just a 'figure of speech'. I didn't order any and have no intention to. But I'm sure you will need them, so do not hesitate to order yours.

Just so you know, when I said I had ordered 20, it was just a 'figure of speech'. I didn't order any and have no intention to. But I'm sure you will need them, so do not hesitate to order yours.

got to give you 10/10 for being the best idiot any village could wish for :)

I just ordered 20 of them;)
BTW, if it's not a recurring problem and just a 'one off', then: with the heating off, place a towel or container below the rad valve, then using a spanner, undo the valve carefully till air, then water comes out. Tighten up the valve and voila, job done
Is that really how you bleed a radiator ? Well I'll go to bottom of our stairs. Am gobsmacked

Is that really how you bleed a radiator ? Well I'll go to bottom of our stairs. Am gobsmacked

Why do you think I bought 20 of that product? Well, so I don't have to bleed it that way ever again.
You can get up from the bottom stairs now or I'll get my coat. TAXI.

Thanks everyone. As with another post - helpful (and fun !) response. Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleeding a radiator problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine...
Replies
Views
Free running radiator change. I currently have 1 radiator free running with all of the others fitted with TRV's. Problem is that the free running...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock