Search the forum,

Discuss Bleeding Radiators Boiler State in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

John Scv

Hi all,

Should the boiler be turned off or can remain on when bleeding radiators?

I am aware heating should be off and radiators cool. However most big names i.e. SSE/E. ON/Viessmann etc. do not mention the boiler state itself (on/off). A few smaller independent websites mention to turn the boiler off.

Wondering what the proper procedure is? As when re-pressuring the boiler if the pressure drops the big names do advise to only re-pressurise when the boiler is off to ensure the pressure is accurate...makes you think that the same should apply for a procedure that would/could cause the pressure to drop i.e. bleeding radiators?

Thanks.

Doesn’t matter aslong as it’s not running / heating etc

Reply to Bleeding Radiators Boiler State in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some additional informations? Here's my problem: I'm not sure at what bar should I pump the chaimber (pre-charge pressure at bars). When I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock