Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bleeding Radiators Boiler State in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

John Scv

Hi all,

Should the boiler be turned off or can remain on when bleeding radiators?

I am aware heating should be off and radiators cool. However most big names i.e. SSE/E. ON/Viessmann etc. do not mention the boiler state itself (on/off). A few smaller independent websites mention to turn the boiler off.

Wondering what the proper procedure is? As when re-pressuring the boiler if the pressure drops the big names do advise to only re-pressurise when the boiler is off to ensure the pressure is accurate...makes you think that the same should apply for a procedure that would/could cause the pressure to drop i.e. bleeding radiators?

Thanks.

Doesn’t matter aslong as it’s not running / heating etc

Reply to Bleeding Radiators Boiler State in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock