Discuss Blue & Orange syphon not shutting off properly....Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RachH863

Hi, I have fitted a new one and this hasnt really helped, Ive fiddled about with it and this hasnt really helped so now im completely stuck! Its a closed coupled toilet with an oval shaped push button flush, it flushes ok now but I cant stop the water from trickly into the pan continually. Any help would be magic!

HI there, its not over flowing, it does it even if there is a small amount of water in the cistern

you say you have just fitted it, what make/model or if unknown some pictures would help ;-)

Hi, I stupidly didnt take any pictures and dont know the name of it... It has a blue pole type thing in the middle that pushed up through a white circle and circled around the blue pole is a yellow cup, it also has a sort of float vale type looking upside down cup thing attached near the bottom and at either side two white poles - this is where you can unclip it and change it without taking the cistern off - best I can do im afraid.

yellow-flush-valve-washers-pair--1297-p.jpg
yellow-flush-valve-washers-pair--1297-p.jpg

if you press down/lift the moving part of the flush valve with a little bit of force can you stop water trickling into the pan manually by holding the flush valve forcibly shut? if so the seal is not sealing as it should. a new one should have sorted the problem. so it might not been attatched properly or damaged?

if all else fails fit a fluidmaster.

A fluidmaster you say? With an oval push button affair? The plumbers merchant said that the above was the only type I could use??

No they always have everything in stock, I was pointing to the one i wanted and he said they wouldnt work.....strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blue & Orange syphon not shutting off properly....Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock