Discuss Boiler and 8 rads in church rooms.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, i will come in cheaper than that, even with all the rads. The underfloor heating they want done at a later stage, which will be a big job. Will need help on that. I think I will use the company whn1 uses. They come to job and plan all for you for "free" if you buy from them.

I hope there is someone around London who has a commercial ticket who can help

cabaffled...i got the job but the client has said that on an other guys quote, he put low surface temperature radiators and a 30 cdi system boiler. And he has asked if i could change mine to LST's. But my calculations came out as 40kw and so with the space available for rads, i had to quote using k3 rads. So what has happened there? No way I can get low surface temp rads to heat this area

just thinking, if the temp running to the rads is 30-50, then this is kind of low temperature isn't it?

Just tell them ypur calcs come out adequate and unless they wish to change then its down to their secision . Obviously email this so its all there if its not good enough

Also tell them that with lst's they need to be on an awful long time before people go into the church, most churches can only afford to heat the church just prior to people going in, possibly an hour but with LSTs it's going to have to be on several hours before, and in a really cold winter they may need putting on the day before. Your idea of normal rads is the best and most economical way forward.

The answer is likely to be radiant heating, I read a book on it and did an awful lot of research into heating churches. They need fast heat up times when only used sparingly, pointless wasting the energy trying to heat all the air in the room if it has say 10M high ceilings which can lead to cold downdraughts. These buildings usually have very little insulation and thick walls. Also you need to keep the organ area cool. I'd go for gas plaque heaters if it is for the main hall but you need commercial acs for these. If it is for the small halls then perhaps just put the biggest LST's in that you can and explain that they may have to wear warm clothes. Traditionally churches were only built with background heating or no heating at all and people wore long coats.

I can but then my price will be higher. And also they will need an electrician to put sockets in. I shall email them and see what they say

What do you mean by commercial fan convectors? Will they not be top noisy for a church? This is why I went for the radiant plaques. Some manufacturer's call them church heaters they are that well suited to the job. You do still need to get an electrician in with them.

It is for 2 halls. One has 3 metre high ceilings and needs 19kw of heat as it 16metres by 7 or something. The other is all is all over the place and has half 3 metre ceilings and half 10m ceilings with those plaque heaters hanging down. But they intend on extending the upstairs so all ceilings will be 3 metres high. And that is what I based my calcs on

Fan convectors are ideal for churches as they offer rapid heating in large spaces and quiet in operation . Downside they cost a bit more , I would push for what you originally priced and if they deviate then extras

Emailed them stating what I got from here about sticking to original design. Let's see what happens

Have not started it yet. Will at the end of the month. I shall look into those biddles. Thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler and 8 rads in church rooms.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back