Discuss Boiler and Wood stove integration in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I can’t fully trace all the copper pipes unless I pull the house apart but I have a standard boiler which has 2 ports and a standard set up you’d expect for a vented heating system. I also have a wood stove that is a 4 port type, I know 2 ports at 28mm go to the boiler unpumped and the other 2 ports I think go to the radiator system (pumped). I think the boiler and the stove share the same radiator circuit (as radiators get warm with just the stove alone).
I also have an upstairs hallway radiator with 3 connections; I think this may be the ‘heat sink’ (but why 3 connections? - all sunk underfloor/in wall so no idea how this is plumbed).

Any typical system circuits that may point to how this is plumbed? Just interested really, I’d like to pump the hot and cold water for a better shower flow/pressure but can’t see an ideal point where hot and cold run close enough together to divert into a single pump.

If you want to pump shower supplies you would typically site pump close to hot water cylinder.
Sketch of where your boilers and cylinder are in relation to each other would be useful.

If you want to pump shower supplies you would typically site pump close to hot water cylinder.
Sketch of where your boilers and cylinder are in relation to each other would be useful.
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing a few critical areas unless I start pulling walls and flooring apart.

Reply to Boiler and Wood stove integration in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back