Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler cuts in and out when using bath and shower. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digitalabacus

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a specific problem which I'm hoping the forums expertise can help me with. I apologise in advance for the length of the post, but I want to provide as much information as I can. When I run the hot water taps downstairs or in the old half of the upstairs bathroom I get constant running hot water to whatever temperature I set the stat on the boiler to. No problem. But when I use the bath hot water tap or the boiler fed shower, the boiler fires up and shuts down every 20 seconds or so. My upstairs bathroom is in 2 halves. The basin is in the original half and the bath and shower are in the new half which is an extension built in 2011. I can only assume the plumbing was teed off from the old half, but it was done before we bought the house. This has only became an issue in the last 8 weeks or so. I was thinking a flow restriction of some sort but wouldn't know where to start if it was or how including happen. I have Worcester 35cdi and these 2 points are the farthest away from the boiler. I have replaced the shower (only yesterday in fact) as we had a leak in the cabinet which required the cubicle plasterboard to be renewed and got a new Mira Realm thermostatic. I have also removed and checked the internals of the tap which is a mixer and is also new for use while the shower was out of action. I seem to get decent flow from, both but it is almost impossible to compare them to the basin or other taps downstairs. If any more info is required I will be happy to provide what I can. Any assistance from the wealth of knowledge within this collective would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to the forum.
as you say sounds like a flow restriction if everything is fine with the boiler when using other taps.

have you compared the flow at different taps
a bucket and stopwatch provide a simple yet effective test.

welcome to the forum.
as you say sounds like a flow restriction if everything is fine with the boiler when using other taps.

have you compared the flow at different taps
a bucket and stopwatch provide a simple yet effective test.

Cheers for the reply Simon. I haven't tried that but I will tomorrow and post back.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler cuts in and out when using bath and shower. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock