Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler cutting in intermittently on sealed system and noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pedropage

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue before I call a professional in.

Just bought my first house and the heating seems to be doing a couple of funny(?) things:

1) The boiler comes on intermittently when the programmer CH/HW are both timed off or manually switched off. Is this normal? (It seems unnecessary!)

2) There is a constant gurgling/swooshing noise within the pipes just above the boiler (I have bled the rads and topped up the sealed system). Any ideas what this could be?

Any help much appreciated.

System details:

- Sealed system with expansion tank (pressure is 1 bar)
- Glowworm Micron Boiler 40FF
- 2 x 2 Way valves (im guessing 1 for HW and 1 for CH) I think one is a honeywell and the other a Drayton (one is silver metal the other is plastic) - see photo
- Heatrae Sadia Ecoflow tank
- Drayton programmer and thermostat
- Thermostatic rads (Danfoss)

photo.jpg

Thanks in advance.

If the boiler is in a cold location like a garage or loft it may have frost protection causing it to fire perhaps.

The bypass is at the highest point and has no Aav. Not good practice!

Is that red tap a bypass? Is it supposed to be closed? It's currently open..

Boiler is in warm location in kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler cutting in intermittently on sealed system and noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock