Discuss Boiler keeps tripping main fuse in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a grant vortex combi and it keeps tripping the main fuse when the programmer calls for heating.
This has just started, it was working fine before.

Anybody got any thoughts

Or water inside the pump power connections be careful do it with the power isolated

When does it trip when the power is on or when there’s demand ?

Contributing as a spark in the boiler and wiring there could be many reasons for the "trip" - but as you suggest the fuse / MCB are tripping as well as the MCB then the likelyhood of a live - earth fault is possible.

Is there any water dripping from the boiler?
Valves?
When you say call for heating - are you really running the heating ATM?
Has anybody changed anything - like tried to fit a smart thermostat or programmer?
Have you done any DIY?

Tricky to give much more by the way of advice without seeing the installation first hand tbh

No water leaking.

Trips when demand for heating comes on from the programmer.

Nothing has changed, just started doing it today

Murdoch, what do you mean by ATM, if you mean at the moment the answer is no the heating is switched off, the domestic hot water is on and running fine, it happens when i switch the heating to on then it trips.

Thanks

Regards

Reply to Boiler keeps tripping main fuse in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock