Discuss Boiler keeps turning off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi wonder if anyone can help.

Had no issues last year.

Have Valiant ecoTEC plus and Drayton thermostat. I have tended to leave thernostat and just turn boiler on when needed.

Its showing 14 and when i set it higher sometimes it comes on sometimes it doesnt.

Sometimes it starts and then stops. But when i press overide 2 on a Drayton digital scr it will start again.

I bought the house last year and have no manual.

Any idea's

Sounds like a link issue possibly between the stat and the boiler. If the stat is able to be moved you could try moving it closer to the boiler or maybe replace the batteries in the stat if it is an RF stat. If the stat is hard wired then it might be a faulty connection somewhere causing the switch to break intermittently. I would certainly try the batteries and/or moving the stat before doing anything more.

Reply to Boiler keeps turning off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An...
Replies
Views
Back