Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler lockout but restarts each time when reset button pressed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garshooey

My burner keeps cutting out it will run for maybe an hour or longer then cuts out but when you hit the reset button it starts again and runs no problem for another period of time.
I have changed the photocell and the electrodes as there was a small crack on the electrodes . I have checked the pump and it is running steady at 8bar. The only thing I can think of is the control box but it looks ok but not sure. It has to be electrical as the burner restarts with the button. I also changed the solenoid just in case it was overheating. The capacitor looks ok but will test it in the morning. Anyone got an ideas what else.
Burner is a wallstar hrm made by bentone which is about 15years old. All suggestions welcomed. Nozzle on burner is clean and not dirty or sooty. I don't hear any strange noises when the burner is running but the problem is interment so I am at a loss.

Re: Burner lockout but restarts when reset button pressed

HETAS - google it .

I like the HRM's and particularly like it when new customers to me say that neither them nor the previous engineer can get rid of the bubble in the hose! Sign of a useless boiler engineer! Hahaha HRM's little secret!

Updating them to the newer models is nice and easy aswell!

providing you have the stones to catch the heat exchanger that is

Re: Burner lockout but restarts when reset button pressed

Sorry OFTEC

My burner keeps cutting out it will run for maybe an hour or longer then cuts out but when you hit the reset button it starts again and runs no problem for another period of time.
I have changed the photocell and the electrodes as there was a small crack on the electrodes . I have checked the pump and it is running steady at 8bar. The only thing I can think of is the control box but it looks ok but not sure. It has to be electrical as the burner restarts with the button. I also changed the solenoid just in case it was overheating. The capacitor looks ok but will test it in the morning. Anyone got an ideas what else.
Burner is a wallstar hrm made by bentone which is about 15years old. All suggestions welcomed. Nozzle on burner is clean and not dirty or sooty. I don't hear any strange noises when the burner is running but the problem is interment so I am at a loss.

My advice would be to get in touch with an OFTEC engineer. This does sound like it could be one of a number of possibilities and it's better to be safe than sorry.
I did have a similar problem on a job a few months ago that turned out to be a blocked flue so I hope that you have a CO monitor that works because if it's the flue then it's dangerous.

As previously stated - Call an OFTEC engineer - it might cost you but then, IMHO, it's better to be alive and poor than rich and dead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler lockout but restarts each time when reset button pressed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock