Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler loosing pressure. Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have discovered that boiler pressure is towards zero. Top up helps. Later discovery is that there is a weep in an upstairs rad return pipe rotting a cupboard ceiling. I am assuming the two are connected. Temp solution is a bucket.
When pressure was at zero again I repressured which blew a pressure join on downstairs UFH manifold. Have now isolated this to fix. Presume no point in draining and recommissioning UFH with the leak elsewhere. Leak upstairs requires cutting ceiling out, which I am reluctant to do. However equally reluctant to have dysfunctional system with no ground UFH.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Ha ha. Look at it this way at least you’ve caught it early. It could cause a lot more damage

Reply to Boiler loosing pressure. Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock