Search the forum,

Discuss boiler man/sparky - can anyone tell me if this is wiring is correct: google nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

Moving out of my flat tomorrow and I have to return the property to the orginal spec as part of my lease. I had google nest installed a while ago but cant remember how everything was originally connected. I've had a go at removing the nest and putting back the old thermostat (danfoss TP7000).

Here's what I did. Can anyone tell me if its correct to allow the heating to work as it did originally without the nest. If its wrong, please let me know what to do to fix it? what wires go where?

I need it back up and working tomorrow as i have inspection monday, so sharpish responses would be great if pssobile :)

Nothings been powered back on on yet until I made sure it was correct!

Nest WAS wired like this:
038A8A15-61AB-4394-A9AA-6D38D6773249_zpsmkepkq7d.jpg

Removed it and connected it back like this: (dont worry, its going to go in a proper juntion box tomorrow)

CE15BE57-935B-4C0B-A467-F2B489979136_zpsf7c5sarp.jpg

The nest theromostat WAS wired like this:

30D9A397-FF5A-4574-9D63-E800639CB892_zpscjxjggbi.jpg

undid it, and put the old termostat back like this:
6E4FF897-BA15-46C6-A6E8-5743A3A92BB1_zpsun3qo7sx.jpg

Last edited:

As long as these two wires are in NO and Common you should be fine. The usual caveat applies that without actual test equipment and being onsite we cannot know that the use of core colours has been consistent in the existing installation, so take precautions, test for dead before touching anything, and be 100% sure which cores are permanent and switched lives before applying power.

As Jonny said. There will be 3 terminals, marked NO, NC and C. You need NO and C.

If you're unsure about NO please get a sparky or a heating engineer

All sorted.

I was just being silly and hadnt realised that I connected grey wire to 'of' instead of on :)

thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler man/sparky - can anyone tell me if this is wiring is correct: google nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock