Discuss Boiler not always firing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If you're only spending £40 pa and as above you're not paying a standing charge who's providing your gas and what size of space/property do you heat and with what?

It’s probably totally obsolete just looked up a posting on another site from 2014 and the boiler was 23 years old then. You’ve had your money’s worth out of it time to change it. It’s non condensing and nowhere near as efficient as a new boiler
Yes, it's totally knackered but I have no money and if a new boiler is 10% more efficient it will save me £4 pa but cost £2.5k, so I'll get my money back by 2650!

Yes, but with such low usage the standing charge and service costs make gas more expensive.

Not really as you would still have a standing charge even with no gas usage

There are grants about for new boilers might be worth asking your gas supplier

10C is no temperature at all and you risk getting hypothermia, in what part of the country do you live?

As above you may qualify for a new boiler grant.

Reply to Boiler not always firing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock