Discuss Boiler pressure dropping in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening all ,
Our boiler constantly loses pressure and needs topping up weekly or hot water goes off etc, the boiler has been replaced and the pressure still drops the same,
There is no obvious sign of leak anywhere so a bit lost what to do ,
A plumber has put a leak fix substance down the pipes but didn’t seem to have made a difference- any advice much appreciated

It doesn't take a lot of water loss to cause a pressure drop. Have you checked all radiator valves for any signs of dampness? Are there any damp patches on ceilings?
Do you have pipework under floors downstairs? Are they timber or concrete?
Although it's a new boiler have you isolated the boiler from the system to identify whether it's a system issue or boiler issue?
If it's a combi I wouldn't want to be chucking leak sealer in.
Leak needs to be found and repaired or bypassed by re piping if it's in a concrete floor.

Reply to Boiler pressure dropping in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
N
Intergas Boiler (only 2 years old and serviced each year) pressure dropping to 0b after just 1hr of running - can anyone help? No leaks anywhere
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator...
Replies
Views
Back