Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint 1979

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just a quick one, got a customer having an extension done, 1 bathroom 1 shower room, both to be used simultaneously.
Wants to convert from conventional system to combi, 2.5bar working at the mains with 22 l/min.
I was thinking worcester 38 or 42CDI as he doesn't want floor standing (highflow).
I've only really installed Worcester or Ideal but am open to suggestions if you guys can recommend anything other than what I have mentioned.

I tried convincing him to keep the conventional system and boost the showers or go down the unvented route but he is adamant it has to be a combi??!

Thanks

ecoTEC plus 937 wall hung its a bit of a beast though as its a store combi. sure thats about 20litres per min

If he's adamant on a combi then let him suggest or stick to your guns regards UVC to guarantee hot water supply IMHO :)

I think id rather have the Viessmann 111 if going down the wall hung storage combi route due to larger store (need g3 ticket though)

Would you opt for the 937 over the 42cdi? Both similar on price, but I see the 937 is MUCH bigger because of the 15 litre store. And only for an extra 3 l/min??
Appreciate your replies, giving me some ideas.
Still going to push for Unvented but need a back up plan :)

Alternative to a combi or unvented you could fit a gledhill boiler mate those give 20 litres per min +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock