Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Boiler stuck on maximum central heating temperature output. Radioators turned low. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobMS88

I have just moved to a student house and was intrigued with the boiler setup to make sure I am not wasting money.

There is a setting on the boiler to set the temperature of the water from the boiler for the central heating; however, the confirmation button to set a new value is busted. It is currently stuck way high on 70 degrees centigrade.

I turned the heating on, with individual radiator knobs set to 5, maximum, and it roasted me, literally. What do you expect at 70 degree water. Expensive, too.

Anyway, my question. As the button to change the temp of the water on the boiler is busted, if I set the radiators to a low number, say 1 or 2, will the boiler use the same amount of gas? It will still be on 70 degree output. Surely energy won't be wasted this way.

Unfortunately, the house does not have a wall thermostat to shut the boiler off at desired room temp.

Thank you. :)

Re: Boiler stuck on maximum central heating temperature output. Radioators turned low

Rob thats the idea of thermostatic valves you set them to what you are comfortable with , its a suck it and see method start low and work higher every hour or so untill you are comfortable , in each room , 70c is not high on a system its normal , and obviously the higher settings you ask for the longer it will take to achieve the temps so you will burn more gas until it reaches temp ,once there it will use the same as any other temp setting to keep nit topped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler stuck on maximum central heating temperature output. Radioators turned low. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock