Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler weather comp being controlled with a optimising room stat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening chaps. As the title says, can a boiler with weather comp run with an optimising room stat? I have a Glowworm Flexicom 35cx that can accept an external (outside) sensor, and the main controls is a Honeywell CMT927 optimising room stat. Reason I ask is I think they will fight each other as the thermostat optimises without knowing what the outside temp is? Its a wireless model that doesn't have an input like the wired models.

Thank you

Al

No you will be fine the room stat just stops overshoot temps eg learns how fast the house heats up and cools down egc

No you will be fine the room stat just stops overshoot temps eg learns how fast the house heats up and cools down egc
Hi ShaunCorbs, thanks for getting back. I did think that, but the bit I'm kind of struggling with is the fact that if the stat has optimised, and if its colder outside (so its colder inside too) how does it react to the ever changing external temps vs optimised time? I take it I'm worrying over nothing then ?

Your Heatloss is constant just the temp difference

The CM927's optimisation feature just notes how long it's taken recently for the room to come up to the set point in the morning and then advances or retards the time it turns on it the morning accordingly.

In my experience, it doesn't work well in practice because it use an air (i.e. white bulb) temperature sensor but how warm a room 'feels' depends largely on the radiant (black bulb) temperature. As long as the radiators are on, the room will probably feel okay even if the thermostat in not yet satisfied. So, there is little point in having the heating come on artificially early in the morning before anybody is using the room.

Anyway, I suggest you start by leaving 'optimisation' off on the CM927 and see how you get on with just weather compensation. Then try optimisation on and see if you can feel enough difference.

Hi Chuck, that was why I was asking if it would work as all the boiler would be seeing is a command to switch on (heat up) and a external temp input, and the two never come together because they are two separate signals. I cannot find any info on the internet about a Flexicom 35cx and external sensor. There is a connection for it on the installer interface (OTC1 & OTC2) - and I rang Valiant this morning to confirm that it does have weather comp, and it will connect to the ext sensor. He wanted to sell me a ClimaPro2 which I don't really want. On the installation instructions for the ext sensor, it shows I have to pick a heating curve, it also shows this being done on a Glowworm boiler that isn't a Flexicom. Would I be correct in saying I would adjust the heating curve in d.0 in the Diagnostic Codes to achieve this?

Al

The rate of heatless is factor of the temperature gradient (between inside and out) and a coefficient of the material's insulating properties (walls etc).

yes thats where weather comp comes into play but the dumb effiency stat doesnt know any of this all it knows its its take lets say 32 mins to heat up the house to 21dc / rise of 13dc from cold

Reply to Boiler weather comp being controlled with a optimising room stat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock