Discuss Boiler with direct rear flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been asked to change an old Ravenheat combi which has a flue directly from the back rather than the top flue elbow system and was wondering if anybody got any suggestions.
Glowworm i understand do it but not keen on the modern glowworm boilers. Because of stairs i don,t have the room for anything else.
Cheers

Glowworm are the only ones left now with a rear entry flue and they charge for it,as said not a great boiler,the smallest combi other than that is the remheha advanta (about 830mm) but you are going to have to have about 940mm with access to pipework underneath ,do not forget the flue does not have to come straight of the top of the boiler and out,it can go to the side and then out,maybe at higher point as the stairs rise

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler with direct rear flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock