Discuss Boiler won’t pressurise and overheating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Scott Laing

Got a Worcester green star 28i junior that was blowing off, replaced PRV now it won’t pressurise at all, just fills for a few minutes then blows out the PRV, heating and hot water still work if system not over filled. If bypass is shut boiler overheats and cuts out, thinking it’s the heat exchanger that’s blocked but very limited access to boiler so would rather advice before I start destroying the kitchen to get into it

What pressure are you filling it to? Could be expansion related issue, as for anything else removing the cover would be giving gas related advice, as removing the cover on that boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and needs checking correctly afterwards.

Reply to Boiler won’t pressurise and overheating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have. After using our shower for around five minutes it seems to...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back