Search the forum,

Discuss Boiling water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm over from the the Electricians Forum :rockon2:. ..upgrading my kitchen, and the wife wants one of these boiling water taps. I've no experience of them and see there are a few different makes (and some eye-watering prices!). Can anyone offer any recommendations on make, model & price?
Cheers guys/gals.

Dangerous things IMO. If somebody comes into your kitchen and thinks, - I will just wash my hands below this nice little tap, - they are going to love you.
Surely it is basically a top up kettle, using electricity constantly on and off you don't need?

Fitted loads of the Zip boiler taps for people but IMHO I think they are a waste of money and a Fad.

I Prefer a kettle.

Thanks all....yep, I'm all for kettles, but.....her indoors was given free reign to spec "her" kitchen, so my proverbials are in a sling. As I watch the price go up and up, it's clear I've been in the wrong game for years:banghead:

There's a lot of maintenance also involved with the things, filters and what have you. And as said previously they are extremely inefficient as far as the energy consumption goes.

Accept the fact that you probably won't get your leg over for a week and put your foot down as far as this one thing is concerned!

Send a pm to tomplumb 83 (think that's right) it's his game.

Supplied and fitted these for years. Great service and easy to install. They also do a supply and fit service in the UK but do prefer you to have a water softener installed
http://www.quooker.com/

Domestically = waste of time.
Commercially = Good product to install.
They need replacing every 3 or 4 years.

Supplied and fitted these for years. Great service and easy to install. They also do a supply and fit service in the UK but do prefer you to have a water softener installed
Quooker

Just had a look at the prices for them.

Buy a kettle. Accept the cold shoulder for a week or so.

I would want an extension for ÂŁ30,000 not just the kitchen. Although to be fair I work in kitchens a lot of the time that are worth ÂŁ100,000.

I have fitted quooker and Franke both seem good.

From my point of view there absolutely brilliant, the Mrs loves it. Don't buy cheap, I bought a quooker its very good quality and to be honest not seen any difference in my electricity bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiling water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock