Discuss boost boiler?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone heard of one on a solid fuel stove? need to go and see a job to pipe it up , what's the best way to get it to work a cylinder , 1 or 2 downstairs radiators ( have to be pumped) and 1 heat leak somewhere upstairs , ive got limited space in loft, so going to be a coffin cwsc I think , the cylinder is upstairs , does it matter if I put the expansion tank above this? thanks

It does matter if your using the coil in the cylinder , is this stove the only heat source, yeh u need a heat leak rad and its best to use a fibre glass FnE tank with a copper ball ( float ),
The system must be able to work via gravity ( HW ) incase of power cuts,
Might be worth having a deek at some of hetas web sites ,

yes im using the coil in the cylinder, so what I was wondering is does the hw always have to work via gravity? and heating then in 22mm pumped?

If you are keeping it simple, then yes, 28mm Gravity so that it circulates well without relying on a pump. Heat leak for if a pump or electric fails.
22mm pumped pipes to rads worked by a pipe stat onto the 28mm primary return IMMEDIATELY where it leaves the cylinder.
Probably need to use a 28 mm injector tee at boiler. Stove MIs will say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boost boiler?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock