Currently reading:
Brand new Baxi boiler

Discuss Brand new Baxi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheru-uk

Hello everyone,

I purchased a Baxi megafl 24 HE system boiler online. Unfortunately the person who came to install it opened it and then realised that it is not the right boiler for the heating system in the property.I have reordered a regular boiler.The trade company is refusing to take it back as the pack has been opened. I have a BAXI megaflo 24 He boiler with flue ,that I cannot use.I bought it for 756 pounds,7 years manufacture warranty. Is there anyone who will be interested in buying this at a lesser price ( I am expecting at least 700 pounds).I live in Wakefield,if anyone wants to see te boiler this can be arranged.Or you could advise me on how I could sell this.

I hope you aren't going to buy the correct one from the "unhelpfull" supplier of the first one.

yet another good reason why people should use a plumber to do all the job. I always buy fm a merchant as this then wont happen, your best bet is ebay, as if anyone buys off you and it arrives damaged are you going to take it back?

So many folk buy boilers online these days.... sucks that you didn't buy the right one, you'd have thought the supplier might have been a bit more understanding, unless the box was ripped to bits :p

Why won't it work? U got a combi ? 24kw is a relatively large system boiler. Don't buy another solo eever!

eBay.

But yeah, I would never buy a boiler online. Plus your plumber should have been able to get it for you cheaper than you ever could online.

eBay.

But yeah, I would never buy a boiler online. Plus your plumber should have been able to get it for you cheaper than you ever could online.
I dunno about the price thing, I've seen a lot of crazy cheap prices on line that the merchants I go to can't get near...unfortunately. I do agree that buying local is better though :)

I'd have bought this 2 weeks ago, fitted one exactly the same and I'm only in castleford.

Unfortunately I think you'll struggle as most people buying boilers will be getting combis.

Yet again, more proof that supplying your own materials is a false economy. A proper merchant would accept an open box back from a regular customer.

The boiler will be returned to the manufacturer, so regardless if it being opened or cardboard ripped. You say it doesn't work with your system, WHY? Did the proposed installer not check the packaging before opening it up? It doesn't make any sense, Sorry but you do not just open a boiler packaging without at least looking at the displayed information.
Except you did open it and are now trying to blame the supposed installer? If you get £500 for a boiler that is already out of its packaging, you have done well. No one on here will give you the £700 you're looking for.
Had you bought it locally from a merchant, you'd have no problem. Buy from the Internet and take your chances.

I can't say I've ever fitted one, are they bad? :)

Not the best, service is loads of fun and conny rots case .

Logic heat and logic system. Amazing to service beautifully simple and parts are same as a combi so ideal and keston ranges serviced with a very small range of parts

The boiler will be returned to the manufacturer, so regardless if it being opened or cardboard ripped. You say it doesn't work with your system, WHY? Did the proposed installer not check the packaging before opening it up? It doesn't make any sense, Sorry but you do not just open a boiler packaging without at least looking at the displayed information.
Except you did open it and are now trying to blame the supposed installer? If you get £500 for a boiler that is already out of its packaging, you have done well. No one on here will give you the £700 you're looking for.
Had you bought it locally from a merchant, you'd have no problem. Buy from the Internet and take your chances.

why will it go back to the makers? they sold it to a supplier and they sold it on, not a manufacturers problem really. the bloke on the internet more than likely works out of his lounge and gets it supplied direct to customer in some cases, its no wonder he doesnt want it back

Any particular reason your plumber couldn't fit the one you bought.
It would only require minor alterations to the system.

why will it go back to the makers? they sold it to a supplier and they sold it on, not a manufacturers problem really. the bloke on the internet more than likely works out of his lounge and gets it supplied direct to customer in some cases, its no wonder he doesnt want it back

May well not be a manufacturers problem, but almost all of them will not hesitate to take it back if it is returned by any of the merchants the supply to. It will be suicidal not to take it back.

You no doubt feel we have not been very sympathetic but I am afraid you have learnt a hard lesson.From time to time I have had customers asking if I will fit an internet boiler.My first reaction is cheapskate !! It is not the way to establish a good working relationship with a tradesman.He will only work in those circumstances if he is desperate and some would say 'I am never going to be that desperate'.Why would he have this attitude? Nobody likes a tight arse!! More importantly there are very practical reasons.If I agree to fit a boiler from the internet,I have no idea what has happened to it before I open the box ,fit it ,will it work?.Whose problem is it if it doesn't?Even if it seems OK I am being asked to sign my name to something I did not supply and therefore should not have to take responsibility for it,.As you have described ,mistakes can occur in what is ordered and mistakes made by the installer who did not check the box before making it 'second hand' and seemingly has not been involved with you before ordering.You say it has 7 years warranty.I am not sure that is so.It is only available to an approved installer and internet sellers seem to have a 2 year warranty on it.As pointed out you have a second hand boiler.Perhaps the supplier might help if you buy the correct one but unlikely.Where is the market for it if not? Ebay possibly.The suppliers response shows why you should buy through your tradesman who buys from his local merchant.Most tradesmen on here don't use the internet because it can be all about price ,not service.Sorry to come across as rude but the internet isn't for everything.Get a good tradesman and be loyal.

Hello everyone ,

thank you for all the comments.I am not expecting any sympathy. Normally I dont purchase online .I have bought a property and moved in 4 weeks ago, really short on money.With hindsight I should have gone for a tradesman.
It is true that wrong boiler was ordered.I did not open the pack.The guy who came to install it was given an unopened fresh pack .It took him more than an hour to realise that this was not the right boiler. I bought it online , they have a local warehouse.He came with me to the warehouse when we took it back and explained what has happened. They called me back saying that outside pack has been taped, they will not be able to sell it.The inside thermocol packing is secure and the boiler has been out of the pack for around one hour. They will not refund. It may not make sense (as someone already said) , but this is exactly what happened.The installer is gas safe registered and it is not that I have gone for a really cheap quote.
Now about what I have at home is a regular boiler downstairs,and boilermate which is a water store for water and central heating. The installer is saying that with this system putting a system boiler involves a lot of work and he has left the scene .If anyone can advise me on how to use a system boiler with this system I am happy to consider with all the costs .
I am not here to blame anyone. I do not expect any sympathy,please do not be rude.I am in a difficult situation, still heating needs to be sorted. My only hope is that someone locally may be interested, can come and look at the boiler pack and give me a decent price(may not be 700)

i would stay with the system boiler much better boiler than the heat only heap the solo,just convert your system to pressured

May well not be a manufacturers problem, but almost all of them will not hesitate to take it back if it is returned by any of the merchants the supply to. It will be suicidal not to take it back.

dont think you know the retail trade that well!

baxi boiler

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all the comments.I am not expecting sympathy.I normally dont purchase online. I moved into this property 4 weeks ago, really short on money.With hindsight I should have gone for tradesman.
The person who came to install the boiler was given a fresh unopened pack.I did not open the pack. The boiler was out of the pack for an hour before he realised that it does not fit the system .He is gas safe registered, it is not that I have gone for really cheap quotes. He came with me to the ware house and explained to them what had happened.I purchased online, they have a local warehouse .The warehouse person is saying that outside of the pack is not fresh,they will not be able to sell it. They will not refund, the person who came to install has left the scene saying that system boiler cannot fit with the system at the property
I have a regular boiler downstairs and Boiler mate water store for hot water and central heating. Can a system boiler be used with this system,if so what sort of costs I am looking at.
I am in a difficult situation,need to sort out heating.All comments are welcome

eBay.

maybe he could have but why give them the discount the reason we charge a profit is if anything goes wrong we sort out the issues by contacting the manufacturers for warranty repairs the customer has no hassle then

Your installer is a muppet. He's obviously incompetent!

Get a seasoned installer round before you sell or buy anything more as in sure all is not lost.

Tbh the boiler mate is a bit of a heap anyhow. Get some mods done and use ex boiler then upgrade to an unvented cylinder and dump boiler mate when the boiler mate dies. Also think 24kw is a tad big for a boiler mate? 12 to 18kw normal?? I would be more than happy to install boiler but too far away.

Don't know why your trying to shift boiler? It works on open or sealed system. Tiz a diddle.

This installation is a gas safe registered company with a website .Person who came to give the quote looked experienced.On the day of installation it was another guy who turned up and I do think he is incompetent.
Boiler mate is 7 years old, may die soon. I have been told because boilermate has heating inside it is not compatible with system boilers. Thank you for your comments

Ask to see their gsr cards before you let them do any work in your house. And don't be fobbed off with any excuses.

A proper merchant would accept an open box back from a regular customer.

Only if there was no other solution, and I definitely would NOT take back an open box from a customer I didn't know well. Too much danger that they have switched some part or other, or have just fannied with it, making it either not work, or worse still, dangerous.

The boiler will be returned to the manufacturer,

A few years ago, maybe. These days a merchant has exactly zero chance of returning a boiler to a mainstream manufacturer under these circumstances.

To the OP - you need to lower your target price mate.

As soon as the box is open, your boiler is 2nd hand. You may know that it hasn't been used, or that the PCB hasn't been swapped out, but the buyer can't be certain.

Imho a competent installer could have worked whatever boiler you got into the system one way or another no matter the set up, there is a solution.

however getting a competent installer such as that you wont be able to get one unless seriously lucky until after new years.

or you could get a new installer such as myself and take a chance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brand new Baxi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back