Discuss Brass fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to remove my rad from my bedroom because some numpty that lived in the house before us stood on the radiator while throwing things out of the window and pulled a rad bracket out of the wall.The problem is i have a low lying window ledge and the radiator sits low to the floor so i think getting a bucket in there will be near impossible lol
you can use something like a sandwich box or anything that will fit under the valve, and just drain down a bit at a time.

I purchased something called an easydrain I think it's called. And it consists of a shallow tray and some bits of plastic each with different size holes in for various size pipes and you clip around the rad pipes and put the tray underneath its pretty useful. Yeah maybe one day I will get some snatch! But at the moment I feel confident in draining rather drain and chase air locks out than bung and make one little mistake and mess the carpet up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i find the icecream tubs from tesco (other suppliers are available) work fine. i used to use the trays that fresh pasta comes in, but found them too flimsy.

I purchased something called an easydrain I think it's called. And it consists of a shallow tray and some bits of plastic each with different size holes in for various size pipes and you clip around the rad pipes and put the tray underneath its pretty useful. Yeah maybe one day I will get some snatch! But at the moment I feel confident in draining rather drain and chase air locks out than bung and make one little mistake and mess the carpet up.
yeah, sigh, me too :(

i find the icecream tubs from tesco (other suppliers are available) work fine. i used to use the trays that fresh pasta comes in, but found them too flimsy.

Metal trays salvaged out of the bottom of old cookers are handy & nice & low to get below low rads.

That didnt make sense to me that lol

Google easy drain its a yellow tray with four yellow plastic pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brass fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock