Discuss Broken sanivite. Do I need to replace it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josh20

Hi guys
Just wanted to get your opinion. We have a Saniflo "Sanivite 3" under the kitchen sink which serves the kitchen sink and dishwasher which has very helpfully decided to conk out just before the weekend.

I was going to buy a new one but looking at the pipework suddenly questioned why we need one. It was installed before we bought the house. As far as I can see the water will all flow out without the need of a pump and we don't have any pumps attached to the utility room or downstairs bathroom wastes and don't have prombems. The only thing I do notice is that the ultimate waste pipe to which the sanivite discharges has a slightly smaller diameter to the pipes it serves.

Can I ask your views? Is there any reason I should not just buy a couple of push fit couplings and connect the sink pipework directly to the outflow waste pipe bypassing the saniflow or are there problems with doing this that I am not seeing do you think? THe previous owners also had a washing machine plumbed which we have relocated to the utility room and wondering if this was why it was installed? Anyway pic below.

View image: Plumbing

Pipework is fairly self explanatory I think in pic - the flexible pipe on the extreme right is from the dishwasher and obviously the final outflow is the slightly smaller pipe right at the back. Really greateful for any views, even if they tell me I am being stupid! Thanks in advance.

All the best
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Broken sanivite. Do I need to replace it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Could use some valued help redoing a stack to accommodate a washer and utility sink. The plan is to have the washer, then the dryer ...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a basic home DIYer with limited knowledge looking for some advice. We have a sink in our utility that has a washing machine connected...
Replies
Views
I live in a converted Victorian pub, and our kitchen and downstairs bathroom are at basement level. Behind the downstairs toilet there’s a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock