Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Buried water pipe leak likely? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JGB

Hi everyone,
First time pose here - not a plumber but a DIY enthusiast and looking for some opinions.

I have been living in a house for about 3 years when a small damp patch appeared on an internal wall (nowhere near exterior house). Though most external walls do have rising damp issues.
I suspected that it may have been due to a leaking main feed water pipe. The trouble is, the one side of the wall has floorboards where I can see the pipe clearly, but the other side is solid concrete.
The only visual I could get is where the pipe enters a 'tunnel' under the concrete floor (pic attached). I did note some bluey white gungy stuff surrounding the pipes (water & gas go together) - but have no idea what it is????
I am considering getting a plumber to relocate the water pipe and do away with the buried part. I am currently doing some trials with ultrasound to see if I can ear a potential leak...

House is terraced, on a steep street, and about 70+ years old.

Any opinions?

Attachments

• 20150322_125602.jpg
    20150322_125602.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 43
If it's leaking then it's gotta be fixed. No choice. Could be simple or whole floor might need to come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buried water pipe leak likely? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock