Discuss burst lead supply pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
lead pipe is around 25mm .. if thats possible? there is a length of plastic closer to where stop tap is where there must of been a leak before and its 28mm. not sure what pipe it is though (blue plastic) how much would that be per metre and what would it be?

couldnt reach it properly to get exact measurement so could be 25mm.

Need pictures or a diagram! MDPE is cheap -I'd be tempted to replace as long a length as I could. You can then sell the lead -which will probably cover the cost!!

Have you got MDPE going into stop tap? You can get leadlock to 25mm MDPE. Make certain you get correct size of leadlock - not all lead pipes are equal!

Last edited:
sounds like a plan :) ... dont have pic sorry. That would be ok running from where it enters house upto stop tap at 25mm? And are screwfix cheapest about or could i get it cheaper elsewhere? I notice they do 50m for £25 at min

No its about a 1m length where someones fixed a burst before. The lead seems to be around 25mm and have a couple of different size leadlocs just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burst lead supply pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock