Discuss burst lead supply pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
MDPE Blue Pipe 25mm x 50m | NoLinkingToThis

is that the right pipe?

Thanks for the the help lads. Managed to get some mdpe from a builders yard as merchants didn't have any. Got job done in hour and half which included wrestling with the anaconda mdpe under the floor for half an hour :)

Thanks. Will check in next couple of days as house is other side of manchester and can't get over that way till then. They just need nipping up if they're weeping?

Went back to the house and the joints were weeping slightly but nipped them up a little and hope that's good enough :)

i got ÂŁ80 for the job, is that a fair price? i replaced lead pipe from entry to house to stopcock with mdpe, took me 2hrs (including wrestling with mdpe underfloor), initial call to turn water off and a call back to check joints. job was for my cuz so gave him discount, fair?

MDPE Blue Pipe 25mm x 50m | NoLinkingToThis

is that the right pipe?

In these situations any pipe is the right pipe. As long as you know what it is and buy the appropriate connectors and stoptap.

When you used the lead lock you did clean the lead with a shave hook? Likely to keep weeping otherwise....

Dont own a shave hook but used what I had at hand, edge of flat head driver and my trusty stanley blade. Tbh didn't actually know about using one as never worked with lead pipe (hence this thread) but thought I'd clean it as copper and chrome needs to be cleaned to join :) thanks for info though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to burst lead supply pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock