Discuss Buying a B rated boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owington

Hi,
Does anyone know where I could purchase a B rated boiler as have been quoted a ridiculous amount for some spare parts I need and figured it would be better to just buy the full boiler and keep what i dont use for future spares. I am aware they are no longer allowed to be fitted but nearly 200 quid for a a few parts seems over the top. The boiler is a glow-worm betacom 30c.
Thanks

cheers, ive already looked at this option. Just thought i could get the old b rated model for about the same as the parts if there were any surplus stock. Tried everywhere i can think of.

ÂŁ200? that's how the manufacturers make their dosh! Build them cheap then charge a fortune for the spares! If you haven't already done so I'd invest in a magnetic filter and make sure your system is clean and well inhibited. That should safe guard a lot of the 'wet' components best possible anyway :)

Good luck with your search though. Have you rang Glowworm? Just a thought but they may be able to help you out?

Yeah already tried mate but no joy. The parts needed are left and right ignition electrodes, flames sensor electrode, pressure guage and prv. Not many places seem to stock parts for this boiler and 500 quid is out of my price range at the moment.

This is a good site to get parts at reasonable cost Heating & Boiler Parts

They don't do loads of spares but you may strike lucky :) Regards the prv and pressure gauge, can you fit external ones anywhere? Maybe cheaper to leave the duff ones on the boiler and tee into the system somewhere ?

I have one in my garage I use for spares In fact it's my 2nd one I striped down the last one and managed to sell most parts between me and my other mates who are plumbers I made a lot more on that boiler then what it's worth brand new

Ha ha, cheers mate. dont happen to have the parts listed do you?

The one iv have at the mo has every thing bar the clock

Be happy to buy the parts off you if you want? Where are you living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying a B rated boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
I'm new to oil fired boilers. The first time I topped up my oil tank, I had the supplier organise the additive. From now on, I will buy my own...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock