Discuss Buying a new build house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

Evening all. For the past 8 years I've been renting houses but it's getting frustrating having to keep moving. After a messy and highly costly divorce several years ago I swore id never buy another house but I've decided that Kate is a keeper so I'm taking the plunge again.
The best deal seems to a new build. No stamp duty or fees etc and a government help to buy scheme would really help us get a foot in the door so to speak.
But I've got no experience of new builds and I'm looking for pro's and con's. Any advice would be appreciated.
Much love.

It's not a piddly little new build it's a decent sized family home. And the garden size was one of my big concerns.

Disagree, on my second new build. Both have had big bedrooms, with built in storage, big gardens, however the snagging list is big and because I had to chase them, they have washed there hands and told me to go to nhbc

Nothing worth buying has been built since WW2. (war 1)

There are a few decent properties from between WW1 (war 2) and WW2, but the newest houses really worth trying are Edwardian - from between the Boer War (war 3) and WW1.

The choice widens between the Crimean war (mid victorian - War 4) and the Boer War (late victorian).

When you get before the Crimean war, you really start to find some regency and early victorian properties, but the finest houses in britain pre-date the napoleonic wars (War 5).

They have been standing 200 years, and will no doubt stand 200 years more. Which is more than you can say for the sh1te that passes for new-build today.

Hence the 5 war rule.

Warranty on everything and if you move in near the start of the development the trades are still on site to put right all the shrinkage that'll happen along the stairs. New kitchen bathroom fresh paint and fresh start for you and the Mrs.

You'll not make much on it unless you buy off plan.

Few come with garages, and also have restrictions on the size of shed you can have.

We nearly purchased a new build but they said I wouldn't be allowed to keep my sign written van on the development and would need to keep it somewhere else to which I kicked off that they wanted £190,000 for a property I couldn't park near yet scrap man in his HA over the road was fine to park as his van was plain.

So always check about the van!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying a new build house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock