Currently reading:
Buying British

Discuss Buying British in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bodd

I'd like to Bye British all the time. If I can I will, it helps the country, if the country is healthy so are we.

But I wont if it comprimises my quality and the reliability of my business. And of course cost counts.

What Do you bye thats is British Made that you recommend.

For Me:

Renault Traffic. British made, Not sure if Renault is french any more.

Magnaclean British made, and owned I believe.

Dimplex Boilers Irish owned but British made.
My secound Boiler I fit now is Veissman (German)

Anyone still got an Austin Maestro or Allegro? Are there any left with some bodywork?

Worcester boilers are my choice by the way - made in ... Worcester - and Crewe.

Anyone still got an Austin Maestro or Allegro? Are there any left with some bodywork?

Worcester boilers are my choice by the way - made in ... Worcester - and Crewe.

I Use to fit Worcester and was a register installer with them, but now I'm not and they won't give a 5 year warranty. Thats why I fit Dimplex and Viessman.

i have owned a few maestros good reliable vans,shame about the steel quality in regards to worcesters how can you fit this boiler and think its a good idea (something that has to come of the wall to change the prv FFS )IMHO i know they sponsor this site but they are living in past glory their products are tat

sorry bod this is not a slur on you in anyway ,part or whatever,i just think worcesters are tat end off i repair them,and the design is rubbish just re read my post and it could be perceived as offensive sorry if it was

sorry bod this is not a slur on you in anyway ,part or whatever,i just think worcesters are tat end off i repair them,and the design is rubbish just re read my post and it could be perceived as offensive sorry if it was

No worrys mate. I would not fit any thing but worcester in the past, but now I think as you say they live in the past. Far to plastic and a two year warranty tells me that they can't back up their boilers

Grant Boilers,made in Wiltshire

Kane Instruments,Monument,Marflow,Aga-Rayburn. I think Fernox is a British company too??

Worcester is owned by the German Bosch Group now,so doesn't really count anymore:(

Pegler valves made in Doncaster far better than the Italian stuff

Grant Boilers,made in Wiltshire

Kane Instruments,Monument,Marflow,Aga-Rayburn. I think Fernox is a British company too??

Worcester is owned by the German Bosch Group now,so doesn't really count anymore:(

Forgot about Monument & Fernox

Also forgot:
Sentinal
Kamco.

Worcester still give work to British workers so thry do count

were as BAXI......... Preston........italy because of the 105/alpha 240/280 link yes small amount of duotecs come from italy all 105/performas do but most DUOTECS/plats/heat max/promax combi thankfully are british

even a boiler thats made in britain will be mostly built with foriegn parts electrics from the far east gas valves fron canada and italy
in there early days vokera boasted to be 90 per cent british but they were still assembled in italy
in these days of global economy nothing is wholly made anywhere in any quantity

nope she starts first time and has never let me down in getting to any jobs. in the middle of the back of beyond or the good snow fall weve had, she does however have the standard oil and water leaks
Only if it's not working, then it HAS to be British ...

;)

Long may that continue. I had two discos (about 5 yrs old) and both let me down in expensive ways with the same faults. Shame because they look really chunky and look British!

Not a total shame though, cos now I've a Land Cruiser and ... WOW!! Poor fuel consumption and wears out tyres quickly but excellent in every other way.

Long may that continue. I had two discos (about 5 yrs old) and both let me down in expensive ways with the same faults. Shame because they look really chunky and look British!

Not a total shame though, cos now I've a Land Cruiser and ... WOW!! Poor fuel consumption and wears out tyres quickly but excellent in every other way.

Whats a Disco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying British in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back