Discuss Buying second hand taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

In order to make sure I get some good quality stuff in my new bathroom i'm considering some branded second hand taps.

Do I need to make sure there's anything in particular that comes with them? I.e. If a tap I have seen on eBay doesn't have "Pop up waste" - what does that mean for me? Will I need to buy that separately? Or will it just mean I will need a regular plug hole?!

My question is basically: Are there any other "bits" That I need with a tap?

Thanks.

finding out how much spares for them would be and if you can get them would be a good idea
as for the waste you can get any type that will fit the sink

Can you post a link to the taps you're looking at and we'll advise, don't worry about pop up wastes they're rubbish, just buy a 'click clack' waste.

Mebee not suitable if you have high pressure
what makes you think that Glenno?

I have no ida what pressure I have you see thats one of the things I'm nervous about but it says 0.1 bar, that sounds quite low to me (although I no nothing about plumbing or water)

I asked on here once about a cheap no-name tap from eBay which I love the look of (Dream Chrome Waterfall Single Lever Bathroom Basin Mixer Tap & FREE Waste | eBay) but was told to stay clear as it may contaminate the water supply if it's not up to a certain UK standard. Really confused but want as high quality as I can for under ÂŁ50 a tap, whether that be used or new.

If they dont say it is suitable for high and low pressures,theres usually a reason why they dont

got you cheers, will look out for that. Does that waterfall bath one I linked to just look junk to you? It's no make.

i think you will probably get a better deal buying bath and basin taps as a set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buying second hand taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock