Discuss Can a gas leak detector help me? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Be too wide spread but it’s definitely a trap issue you could try masking tape over the sink bath outlets to see if that stops it for a day etc

I can tell you from personal experience that one of the gas detectors below will 'sniff out' sewer gas etc very effectively. Bit of a fiddle to operate but it does work. In our case the problem was resolved by replacing a Durgo with a vent to atmosphere. The drainage system ought to have a way of dealing with +ve pressure, which a Durgo doesn't!

I can tell you from personal experience that one of the gas detectors below will 'sniff out' sewer gas etc very effectively. Bit of a fiddle to operate but it does work. In our case the problem was resolved by replacing a Durgo with a vent to atmosphere. The drainage system ought to have a way of dealing with +ve pressure, which a Durgo doesn't!

Thanks so much guys, i appreciate ur advice. What you said basher makes sense to me, we had a durgo replace the old vent to atmos so its likely that we need a vent back sort it out...that also may explain why its a bit inconsistant, sometimes the durgo does its job othertimes it leaks gas thru. Ill get a leak detector and try to get actual evidence. Thank u guys.

Reply to Can a gas leak detector help me? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hello, What would cause an intermittent gas leak around a boiler? In the evenings there is a strong smell of gas coming from the boiler. I got...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock