Search the forum,

Discuss Can anybody solve this...please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeberdee1

We have a Main 30he combi,

Approx 3 months ago,the wall start wasn't controlling the boiler,so I changed the stat and still the same problem.

I noticed the bedroom rad was leaking(not the valve but the actual rad)terribly rusted which crumbled in my hands...I cut the supply to the rad but as yet havnt changed the rad.

The boiler comes on for 25 seconds then cuts out for approx 3 minutes then comes on for 25 seconds and so on....rads upstairs are warmish whilst downstairs all cold.

Drained down the system and refilled and removed air...checked the pump which turns easily.

The pump makes a hissing/gurgling type of noise whilst the pipes by the boiler sound like a bath tub being emptied

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

What's the pressure in the system ?

also do you know you need to be gas safe to remove the cover of the boiler

Pressure 1.5 bar.....gas safe bloke checked pump and said the boiler Is knackered,I didn't trust his diagnosis .

Pressure 1.5 bar.....gas safe bloke checked pump and said the boiler Is knackered,I didn't trust his diagnosis .

Get another one out for a second opinion then that's all we can say sorry

Get another one out for a second opinion then that's all we can say sorry

That's if he was Gas safe?

Nobody able to point me in the right direction...just need impartial advice so when another guy comes here I am armed with possible questions...thanks.

The only question you need be asking is how old is the boiler and is it worth repairing.

Agreed. No one who is qualified will object to showing card

Get a recommendation or look in street life. We can't talk to through what it might be without you doing something illegal/not qualified for.
Besides if you try and and tell an engineer what's wrong your likely to wind him up a treat.

I come on here for advice and not one single person could even point to possible causes !,I have no intention of trying to fix it myself simply because I know it's illegal plus I havnt got a scooby about boilers.

Could it be blockage in the pipes...could it be blah blah blah....nothing from u guys at all.

Thanks anyway.

Wind your neck in and read the forum rules mate

Have you checked everything you did while working on the system, shut valves etc

More than enough advice given.

Another one who gets snotty despite not bothering to read the rules he agreed to when registering with the forum.

Thread closed and he's lucky I haven't banned him for his poor attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anybody solve this...please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock