Discuss Can anyone recommend a pipe bender please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 no record benders previous 27 years 2 no hilmors in the last 6 years and time for a new one just now..brum

I used to have a hilmor till I used my mates record 218m. The cranked handle on it seems to make bending 22mm a breeze. Think you may only get them second hand now though. This one is on gumtree for 15 quid, bargin!

View attachment 20109

That's what I've got. It was my Dad's before me and I learnt to bend pipe with it when I was still nipper, working with him. I should buy another one and keep this at home - I'd be gutted if it got nicked...

Here's three: "A Sunday afternoon in the Plumbers Arms Beer Garden."
3155897486_d61dbdb892_zpsa7a25778.jpg

Last edited:
I treated myself to a new bender amongst other things at a trade show, I got the Nerrad bender because they said it was made by the same guys who made the old hilmore, it's not put a foot wrong so far, I don't get the bender out as much as I used to but if I had to compair it to whats currently available I'd say it's probably the best you'll find.
I did once buy a second hand original hilmore hoping for that old magic but it was too warn and kept rippling the pipes!!
Goog luck with your collage eyespy999!!!

I've had my hilmor benders for about 10 years now. I throw them around a treat still work fine. When they start rippling the pipes out come the cleaning strips and clean it up and then it's like new again.

Here's three: "A Sunday afternoon in the Plumbers Arms Beer Garden."
3155897486_d61dbdb892_zpsa7a25778.jpg

Was Croppie taking the photo?

You UK plumbers are certainly one step up on us fellas.

Was this a ' A Day at the Races ' , ' Find me somebody to Love '
or just ' I want to break free ' moment?

Or are you guys just ancient ' Bros ' fans?

Oz

Was Croppie taking the photo?

You UK plumbers are certainly one step up on us fellas.

Was this a ' A Day at the Races ' , ' Find me somebody to Love '
or just ' I want to break free ' moment?

Or are you guys just ancient ' Bros ' fans?

Oz

No; Croppie being an identical triplet was too busy taking a photograph of his other two brothers.
They'd just got back from doing a commercial job down Cork way and didn't have time to clean-up.

b0917ae0-de24-4e2b-96bb-8b5dbcca61c3_zpsbd32da1d.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that Tamz on right!

Nah, the last anyone seen of Tamz he was doing his Spiderman impersonation, climbing the walls, looking for his arch villain and nemesis Mr. Nic O'teen, as he's off the ****.

Nice to get one in on here under the Croppsters radar thou; I've come over all smug:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a pipe bender please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back