Discuss Can I add another radiator on this microbore manifold? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have what appears to be a single pipe system? with microbore manifold downstairs, and I'm assuming another upstairs under floorboards, both with 3 radiators. The photo shows the downstairs manifold, and looking at the way the other radiators are connected, is there any reason why connecting another radiator to the 2 spare connections won't work?
Is the valve underneath for balancing or a drain?

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_081401911.jpg
    IMG_20230304_081401911.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 19
The manifold is split / capped in the middle so two pipe system you can use the blanked off ports for a new rad

Reply to Can I add another radiator on this microbore manifold? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock