Discuss Can I claim againest a compression fitting that burst? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if its a well know brand then they tend to be good at given you a replacement

To be fair to the Chinese they are by means the worst for manufacturing sub-standard products, some of the stainless steel goods imported from India are absolute rubbish.

Personally, I don't think we should allow any imported merchandise in unless it meets a certain standard, which would give reputable manufacturer's a better chance.

To be fair to the Chinese they are by means the worst for manufacturing sub-standard products...

This is very true. There is nothing instrisically low quality about chinese manufacturing. Its all about the original design and spec, quality of components and materials used, and the manufacturing quality control imposed by the brand owner.

I have seen rubbish products made in Britain, and excellent products made in China.

The problems occur when brand owners subcontract production or purchase finished product without checking all those things first, or where careless re-sellers purchase products from importers without understanding what they are buying. I don't mind admitting that I have caught a cold in this respect once or twice. Mostly these mistakes get corrected before they get out of the warehouse. :)

I still remember that the first container of pottery we imported (20+ years ago) had no chain-stay hole in the 2 hole basins. Our fault - we didn't specify them, and in the country of origin, they didn't use plugs and chains.

Is this where our freebies come from rat?:)

tee hee.

Next freebie - 240 4 piece sets of indian ivory sanitary ware (genuine antique!) errr... without chain-stay holes.

Only kidding, before some smart alecs clutter up my inbox.

Wow thanks to everyone for their truly helpful comments.
it sounds like I won't get anywhere but I will try the politely worded letter route to the supplier and manufacture.
Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

Sam

personally i may be inclined to go straight to the insurer, tell and show what happened. then let them do the donkey work trying to claim against the manufacturers using their lawyers.

its what you pay them for.

if they just cough up then sorted!..

personally i may be inclined to go straight to the insurer, tell and show what happened. then let them do the donkey work trying to claim against the manufacturers using their lawyers.

its what you pay them for.

if they just cough up then sorted!..
i agree. it's what you pay insurance for after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I claim againest a compression fitting that burst? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock