Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Can Someone Explain my system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Demarcation

Ok, so below are two images, one lays out the pipe work and the other the electrics, With the pipework, there is some that i cant see so i just labled the ends. (in loft have since discovered two tanks are joint at base)

My problem is that when my controller calls for central heating, it only works if the hot water is also being called.

I want it to work independantly as well.

Hopefully i have provided enough info.

Horstmann C27 Controller
Worcester GREENSTAR 15Ri Boiler
Drayton Mid Position Actuator - BGMUSP-23

View attachment 22931

View attachment 22932

Last edited by a moderator:
With that set up you should be able to control seperately. Check the back of the programmer for a gravity/ fully pumped switch.

I can't see them, but he has a three way valve, so will be fully pumped.

Can't see pics either but my guess would be the 3 port not making the 2nd microswitch.

The images were working i will re-upload them

Hot water system - my guess.png

Heating Electrics.png

Ok, i switched the controller to gravity feed mode and now the heating works because anytime the heating comes on it also turns the hot water circuit on as well and heats the tank.

catch appears to be when the tank reaches temp the call to the boiler stops and teh central heating stops......

i cant seem to have only teh heating on...any ideas

looks to me to be an electrical problem, any idea how to re-wire?

Are you sure it's a mid-position valve, not a diverter valve? (Post pic of valve label if not sure)

If it is a mid-position, there should two wires linked to the valve grey wire: one from the cylinder stat SAT terminal, the other from the Programmer terminal 1.

The prog switch will need to be in the P(umped) position - when the wiring has been sorted

Its defiantly a Drayton Mid Position Actuator - Model number : BGMUSP-23

Installation guide at draytoncontrols.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10510

I’d say, if you are not sure what you are doing, get a professional in to sort out your wiring.

Happy to wire, I'm perfectly competent, and any advice I get here I will verify myself the configuration and make sure I'm happy with it first.

I have a good idea what the solution to the problem might be but I'm looking for experienced people to guide me and I can just say 'that makes sense'

Are you sure it's a mid-position valve, not a diverter valve? (Post pic of valve label if not sure)

If it is a mid-position, there should two wires linked to the valve grey wire: one from the cylinder stat SAT terminal, the other from the Programmer terminal 1.

The prog switch will need to be in the P(umped) position - when the wiring has been sorted

Ok, so when H/W is Off that makes the grey live on the actuator, that wouldnt call the boiler and pump to run??? or would it?? See new purple cable in attached

c27 install.PNG

Heating Electrics v2.png - PROPOSED PURPLE CABLE NOT YET DONE

Attachments

• Heating Electrics v2.png
    Heating Electrics v2.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 29
How long have you had this problem?

I moved in recently, took rads stright off wall, and have just reconnected them. I got a new controller to replace an old pottermon mini minder, that only had two time zones over 24 hours and ran both HW and CH together.....now i'm trying to edit it to allow CH seperate from HW

I'm not completely sure of the forum rules about assisting amateurs to undertake their own wiring. Still I suspected you were a DIY'er from the onset because they all seem to think they're competent, good luck.

Last edited:
Competence is measured. Not assumed.

You need a competent person with a minimum of part P to rewire your system.

Please call one in. Thank you.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can Someone Explain my system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
I have inherited a single pipe central heating system in a large old victorian house, powered by a Worcster Greenstar 8000 and controlled by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock