Discuss Can you fit any pressure reducing valve/ multiblock on unvented. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Assuming the pressures are the same can I fit a standard pressure reducing valve/ multiblock or do I have to fit manufacturers specific?

At the moment i have a grant duowave with a megaflo multiblock but the block is leaking the grant one I can get in a couple of days but I can get a standard one tomorrow. (caleffi one like the ones you get with cheaper unvented)

Fair enough I was always taught like for like from manufacturer

That what manus want you to do. Look at the margins they make on spares and you'll understand why :rolleyes:

When a product goes through BBA or similar approval, NO manu would limit their options by specifying ONLY on supplier of components. It just doesn't make economic sense. So, approval consists of 'performance' being approved. It is then up to the manu whose they fit. It's for this reason that you see changes during a product's life (so different components) but the same original approval number.

Hope that clarifies.:)

As above, seek advice from the manufacturers. The reality is, anyone of the same spec would work. The world today though, where everyone tries to point the finger of blame. I would go 100% by the book and cover yourself.

yes you can aslong as there the same spec eg 3.5 bar

you can upp the pressure but you will have to check the max working pressure of the cylinder and upgrade the temp and pressures blow offs etc

now if the cylinder is in warranty you must use manufacture parts else you risk if anything goes wrong not having any warranty

But my point here as said before is some cylinders are 25 years on the cylinder but range between 2-5 for components. Is it worth the risk

But my point here as said before is some cylinders are 25 years on the cylinder but range between 2-5 for components. Is it worth the risk

Depends if the customer wants to keep the warranty

Yes fit manufacturers parts

No fit your own approved parts

Even the manufacturers change the spec during that 25 years eg megaflo now uses that three part RWC set instead of the “original”.

If it came to it I’m sure an expert witness would uphold an identical spec from a different manufacturer, but I’m just ‘down the pub’ talking.

Would any manufacturer honour a 25 year warranty?
I think at best they might offer a replacement cylinder with no fitting

All I’m saying is I bet manus would try and wriggle out of even that if a mismatch of components has been used

Reply to Can you fit any pressure reducing valve/ multiblock on unvented. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back