Search the forum,

Discuss Capping off and replacing an outlet for cold water cistern in loft in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks

Following on from another thread I made recently, the plumber has agreed that the new cold feed he added to our loft cistern should have been lower than the existing feed to the cylinder for hot (he put them both roughly the same at 50mm) and he is proposing to put it right. In terms of reversing what he's done, he said he will cut the pipe and put a cap on it, then make a new hole lower down and reconnect the pipe to that.

1. Is that the best way of getting rid of the cold connection he did incorrectly? Could it cause problems in the future?

2. Does it matter if the pipework from the tank initially travels uphill rather than downhill? Would that effect pressure in any way?

Your thoughts would be most appreciated before I decide what's best.

Many thanks

You can get a 22mm blank nut from screwfix

Always run down / away from the tank never uphill

Reply to Capping off and replacing an outlet for cold water cistern in loft in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock