Search the forum,

Discuss capping off unwanted central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a new utility room built and planned to put a combi boiler on the wall. The existing 22mm central heating pipes from the existing WB floor standing boiler in another part of the house, were extended to suit the new position and 22mm capped tails were left sticking through the ceiling. We are going to keep the boiler where it is now and want to lose the tails. Would it be ok to simply push them back above the ceiling Plastic pipes), or are the 'dead' ends not a good idea? I guess they could be linked to complete the loop, but again is this a good idea?

no and no.

ideally they shud be cut back to where they branch off. if there is enough give on them and you can push them up its not ideal but should be ok. if you link em you will create a short circuit in the system which has less resistance than rads and will steal the flow.

no and no.

ideally they shud be cut back to where they branch off. if there is enough give on them and you can push them up its not ideal but should be ok. if you link em you will create a short circuit in the system which has less resistance than rads and will steal the flow.

I thought that might be the case, thanks v/much I'll have to open up the ceiling to access the branches but it's not a major!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to capping off unwanted central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock