Discuss cast iron floor standing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

migoplumber

I have a 12 element strebel floor standing boiler as part of a 3 boiler system, its isolated at the moment due to mild leaks between 5 of the elements. the combined "leakage" is now problematic.
I have to make an external repair on the boiler, it has to last until april 1st when the company says it will take the risk of a total boiler dismount and reseal, ( i know bits are going to break, its been in 27 years and the elementswont come apart easily ) (april 1st cos of money! )
has anybody had and sucessfull experience with this type of "repair"
if so what product have you used and where do you get it... the best my merchant has come up with is plumaflume silicone!!
if it makes any difference its a strebel ( who have been very helpfull ) 500 kw boiler.
ta. and thanks in advance.

just seen that little advert under my post. british gas boilers save up to 604 quid.
im sure you can buy an entire boiler for that. or am i getting off my own subject. sorry had to have that little rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Assuming it cast iron try caulking with slate. Or iron filling mixed with cement about 7:1 (1 part cement) make a paste and apply. (Have used on cast iron soil systems, the rapid corrosion of filings seals the hole) Good luck

i like your second idea best, apply something thats starts degrading the moment it applies! sounds strange in its eccentricity but im gonna plump with it, cos it also sounds totally viable
will get it done on tuesday, thanks a lot, shall let you know
shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cast iron floor standing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock