Search the forum,

Discuss Cast Iron stack & back to wall wc outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can anyone help/advise please ?

this is my current connection - you can see the cast iron outlet is a fair distance below the wc outlet - but as you can imagine, it's a little prone to blockage :(

20140407_144853.jpg

The stack is marked 4" - but as you can see, the pan connector didn't want to fit very well into the cast iron pipe ...

Apart from convert the stack to plastic, any other ideas - I'm considering a flexi might be suitable in this situation ?

The other option I've considered is a cast iron to pvc adapter, short piece of pvc soil pipe and then a suitable pan connector.

Thanks !

you have already said the "proper job!!!" replace stack for plastic and when doing to nock about 50mm of brickwork out above and raise it do the proper job once and its done a lot less likely to get blocked under normal use and wont look bodged a pan con into a pan con rough as!! and as for a flexie not a good idea in my experience they block even easier

This is my stack - are you suggesting replace the whole stack or could I remove a piece of the branch and connect into that ?

20140409_181850.jpg

Attachments

• 20140409_181850.jpg
    20140409_181850.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 24
That picture is inside out?
I will cut the stack as close to floor level as I can get away with, then fit a plastic one with adequate access branch. Then core hole at right location so pan connector will fit flush once new toilet is fitted. You will take the opportunity to change the toilet, YES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast Iron stack & back to wall wc outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock