Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cast Iron Tiled fire pace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jgmgasservices

Hi

Got a customer who has a cast iron tiled fire surround. I hope you know the ones I mean. Basically he has bought a new fire basket of the same dimenions and asked me to install. Is this allowed? Or do the sorrounds come with a specific fire?

Cheers

I take it you mean one with a baby brick chamber, then yes if it's the same size of tray fire. Check flue is ok and that gas pipe has been protected against corrsion, right size of pipe, ventilation etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast Iron Tiled fire pace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock